RWA can offer services tailored to suit individual client requirements. Generally projects are broken into work stages defined by the RIBA as below:
- Stage 0 Strategic Definition – initial client meeting
- Stage 1 Preparation and Brief – development of the project brief / preparation of a feasibility study
- Stage 2 Concept Design – development of feasibility sketches
- Stage 3 Developed Design – planning application
- Stage 4 Technical Design – building warrant application
- Stage 5 Construction – contract administration
- Stage 6 Handover and Close Out– conclusion of building contract
- Stage 7 In Use– post occupancy evaluation
An initial consultation will be carried out at the property or plot to be developed and details such as site servicing / design aspirations / timescale and budget will be discussed. RWA will also discuss the building process as well as options of RWA services available to clients.
RWA has experience with both private new builds and small scale developments. All projects are approached on an individual basis, whereby study of a site together with project brief and budget drive design solutions. With new build development it is especially important to establish the context for design. Our new build projects are also developed with a strong focus on reduced energy consumption and use of renewable technologies.
Renovation and Extension
RWA’s portfolio consists largely of renovation and extension projects. These projects come in all shapes and sizes with varying budgets and can be most rewarding, transforming performance, use-ability and appearance of often tired and outdated properties.
Being able to give new life to old buildings is what RWA enjoy most. From steadings, byres and stables to mills, there is an abundance of quality buildings in our cities and countryside, often in deteriorating condition but still with great potential for conversion into unique and contemporary homes.
© 2022 Rachael Walker Architects Ltd